Do you love challenges and have an insatiable thirst for knowledge?
Do you have serious ambition and desire to be one of the best?
Do you think as a Team and still feel free to be yourself?
Then be part of our team.
At DCL, we draw on each other’s strength and experiences to achieve our organizational goal.
We will welcome your insight and intellect and provide a flourishing environment where the smallest idea can be turned to that big dream.
GAVI Job Overview
The Immunisation Financing and Sustainability (IF&S) team provides technical expertise to countries, in collaboration with other Gavi secretariat units, especially the Country Support unit whose Senior Country Managers (SCM) manage the grants. The IF&S team brings strong technical expertise in public and health financing, health systems, aid effectiveness and policy dialogue, financial management and accountability. A priority issue for Gavi-supported countries is to sustain their immunisations services and programs once Gavi phases out its financial support over a period of 5 years (accelerated transition phase) during which countries are expected to move from co-financing to full financing of vaccines.
The Programme Officer (PO) has a key role in the IF&S team in calculating countries’ co-financing requirements and monitoring and reporting country performance. Also the PO will provide immunisation financing trends and performance and support analytical work. The PO will work closely with the Director, Head and Senior Managers in the unit as well as Gavi’s Senior Country Managers (SCM) and Alliance partners, particularly UNICEF Supply Division, to coordinate the implementation of Gavi’s co-financing policy and support countries to ensure sustainable financing for immunisation. The PO will master Gavi’s co-financing, eligibility and transition policies in order to provide substantive support and analysis and proactively engage with other Gavi teams and partners.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Within the above context, reporting directly to the Director, Immunisation Financing and Sustainability, the PO will work in close liaison with the CP teams, other Gavi departments, and the Alliance partners, the main duties being:
- Oversee the calculation of countries’ co-financing requirements;
- Lead interactions with UNICEF Supply Division to monitor country co-financing payments and procurement of vaccines and provide regular progress reports for internal and external platforms as needed;
- Analyse immunisation and health financing data and information on Gavi countries – prepare co-financing forecasts, immunisation costing and financing projections, fiscal space analyses, GNI projections, and other data analyses as required;
- Manage integration of the co-financing, eligibility and transition policies into Gavi processes and systems, such as related to the country portal, decision letters, internal databases, participation in the Forecast Group, guidelines, and other processes as required;
- Advise Gavi’s SCMs on the co-financing policy, ensure timely communication on co-financing requirements, progress, and default status, and implement and monitor payment plans;
- Support the drafting of key documents on co-financing and financial sustainability, including updates to the Board and Programme & Policy Committee of the Board;
- Provide substantive support and analysis for relevant countries on implications of Gavi’s co-financing policy and support, prepare country fact sheets, and updates on co-financing activities for country, regional and global level;
- Provide analyses and input for policy and programme development work as required;
- Review and provide inputs for Joint Appraisals on co-financing/immunisation financing issues;
- Participate in country missions as required;
- Participate in other functional roles as and when required.
You can download the details Here on how to apply
VillageReach Regional iSC Position
VillageReach has an exciting opening for a data- and analysis-driven leader for the position of Regional Director, Research & Advocacy (sub-Saharan Africa). As part of global efforts to accelerate countries’ transition to next-generation immunization supply chains, the Regional Director will be responsible for VillageReach’s contribution to the global research agenda around the impact of supply chain on immunization outcomes. This position will lead operations research to gather new country-level evidence, compile existing evidence, and liaise with the global research community to further the use of robust data in the global health sphere. Candidates should have a proven track record in the design, management and utilization of applied research and advocacy efforts, working with stakeholders at all levels. The Regional Director position will ideally be located in sub-Saharan Africa, support projects in multiple locations with travel throughout the region. A Master’s Degree with ten years of relevant experience is required.
For more information or to apply, please click here
King’s College London Overview
Our current programme of research is looking at health system and frontline level organisation and interventions to improve quality and safety. We define quality through the following dimensions: women’s experience, equity, timeliness, safety, effectiveness and efficiency. Current research includes analysis of models of care, staffing, interventions to aid women and family members’ engagement in safety, particularly around diagnosis, triage, help seeking and staff response and interventions to aid earlier diagnosis and prevention in high and low income countries (measurement of IUGR to prevent stillbirth and high blood pressure and shock). Another stream of work is developing devices to improve safer care during childbirth.
A full time Research Associate position within the Division of Women’s Health at St Thomas’ Campus, King’s College London in the Maternal Health Services and Policy Research Group to work on a research programme on quality and safety in maternity and women’s health.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 18 April 2016…More
OPM Organization Overview
At OPM, we only have four levels of staff. Assistant consultants typically join straight out of post-graduate training. Consultants join with work experience, some management experience, are able to work independently and have a good understanding of the consultancy market place. Senior Consultants are able to take on large management and business strategy responsibilities and Principal Consultants are thought leaders in their area of specialization.
Oxford Policy Management (OPM) is seeking to recruit a full-time staff HEALTH – NUTRITION FINANCING position at the level of ‘Consultant’ or ‘Senior Consultant’ to join our Nutrition Portfolio.
If you were working for us, here are some of the things you would have done last week:
•Debated various approaches to nutrition planning and budgeting in Tajikistan
•Presented the results of analysing budget allocations towards nutrition-sensitive programmes by governments in 30 countries…More